Sunday 21 September 2008

Doggie Bags

CT's Doggie Bag
When I saw that stretch knit fur remnant at Spotlight way back in June, I knew what I was going to do with it. It was begging to become a doggie bag for CT (aka Mrs Baggly II). Guilty as charged for fararkling (disagree with this definition because an individual not just a group can farnarkle). If it wasn't for one of CT's little friend's birthdays, it probably would be on the must do list.
Doggie Bags
Basically what I did was look for a picture I could use as a template and made it up as I went along. I knew I wanted a zip closure, a zippered pocket and handles. I pinned the outer fabrics (fur and denim) and the lining fabrics to the template and cut out slowly and carefully. As CT gets older, I figured that she would enjoy a zippered pocket to hide treasures (such as half finished biscuits for 'ron) and the handles came from a long abandoned G&T induced disaster. After the zippered pockets were done, I sewed a zip from ear to ear, carefully pinned the handles in sewed the lining (deliberately used a wider seam allowance) and outer like any other zippered pouch. To give the handles more durability I sewed them a few times. Turned it right side out, top stitched the outer layer (that's why I used a wider seam allowance for the lining, so it would fit), stuffed the lining in a voila.
Road Test
Poorly Miss CT sat and watched proceedings (though she did ask to stroke the puppies a few times). She road tested the bag before I had a chance to top stitch it (did that after bed time). It has become the going out bag. When we say 'odekake' (going out), there is a mad scramble for her bag and an evil sodding toddler hat. Mission accomplished I would say.

4 comments:

painted fish studio said...

the doggie bags are so wonderful, a! and i can picture ct's delight, does she woof at her bag? you should consider putting these up on etsy :)

Pauline Perh said...

The doggie bag is cute :)

Evie said...

So cute! I love that rickrack mouth!

Anna - Three Sneaky Bugs said...

Cute, cute, cute! And much easier sounding than evil sodding hats.