Wednesday 9 April 2008

This is... my favourite trinket box

Like I have said before, better late than never.
This is...my favourite trinket box
This is a very special trinket box because it belonged to Donnie, who gave it to me in the late 1970s (yes I admit to being of that vintage). My plans for this box is to fix the lining as I decorated it and then give it to CT in a few years time.
This is...my favourite trinket box
I have always loved the inside and outside of the box. The Japanese lacquer work, my favourite view of Japan, Mt Fuji, the mother of pearl, the read against the black and the size.
This is...my favourite trinket box
I can't remember if it still had the musical part still going. I suspect that there was a dancer?? I do remember the mirrors. Donnie did I break them? But I do remember taking them out when I was a pre-teen. The inside was a magical stage (with built in practice area, what girl doesn't dream of ballet??), the front area was sometimes the music pit. The sides was where the audience sat (like in the stalls at the movies). Anything became a doll; buttons, small dolls, pegs, anything I could lend my imagination to.
This is...my favourite trinket box
The trinkets? Most are not worth much but the memories are priceless. Besides, what is not treasure to us....

No comments: