Thursday 6 March 2008

Banana Muffins


Banana Muffins
Originally uploaded by Ayama-chan
Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day doing lots of rearranging in various rooms in the apartment. I needed to create something but have promised myself that my sewing is not going to escape from the room S has kindly let me have for my sewing space. So I made banana muffins instead. I had three very very ripe bananas, too ripe even for CT's questionable banana quaffing taste. I can't remember where I got the recipe from but I like it a lot because you do not need scales and it is so easy. It is actually a cake recipe.

BANANA CAKE
1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 2 eggs, tsp bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 1 tbsp milk, small bananas mashed together with a few drops of vanilla, 2 cups self raising flour.

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating each in well. Then add bananas, milk and soda, lastly fold in flour. Bake in greased tine in a moderate oven 45-50 minutes. Ice with lemon icing (optional).

Vola yesterday's batch as you can see from the picky.

When making them for CT I add more bananas and less sugar. You need to balance it out with a bit more vanilla. And if you are not a 'sweet' person this is not a very sweet cake.

No comments: