Tuesday 11 March 2008

A Year Ago

Can you remember what you were up to today one year ago?? I can. I was a woman on a mission. The obstitrian's receptionist had called me on the Friday (March 9) to tell me that I would be induced on the following Thursday (March 15). I had sort of expected this. My Saturday was going to be busy (yoga class, baby shower and dinner...) so I was determined to get all the final preparations for 'Aidan' (was positive that CT was a boy and had been calling the poor little vegiemite Aidan for months when I was alone) done on Sunday and Monday and have Tuesday as a complete rest day. So I madly went about the jobs that could be achieved on a Sunday afternoon in Perth. My friend Jane's birthday present was a priority and I waddled as fast as that heavily pregnant body would let me. I wasn't going to be late for her birthday last year. (Though this year is another story my dear...) I know I did other jobs (but that is where my memory is hazy) but didn't get everything done. At about 10pm today last year, I had to get my bag packed properly (and not just have the stuff thrown in it) and clean through my handbag. By midnight my abdomin and back were uncomfortable apparently this was the beginning of labour. All I knew was that bag had to be organised immediately!! This was the start of Miss CT sweetie making her grand entrance....

1 comment:

painted fish studio said...

how exciting! i actually don't remember what i was up to a year ago... probably just sittin' at work.